APPLY HERE https://www.indeed.com/job/metal-fabricator-2734e886d7c40de0
POSITION SUMMARY - This is position is 2nd shift: Sunday - Wednesday 7:00 pm - 5:30 am
Get ready to grow, learn, and work closely with a cross-functional team of business leaders! As a part of the Manitou-BRP team, the General Supervisor will be part of the team responsible for the execution of the production plan, on time, on cost, and on quality. The General Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing and managing the safety, quality, and productivity of the fabrication department(s) operations. They will responsible for leading, managing and maintaining the fabrication areas manufacturing processes, people and equipment. Work includes organizing work assignments, following procedures, effectively communicating with other departments, complying with established equipment maintenance programs, ensuring product quality standards are achieved, housekeeping standards are met, production schedules are attained, inventory is appropriately managed, and utilizing plant resources to execute continuous improvement initiatives. They will also be responsible for the deployment and support of BRPMS in the fabrication area and the development and training of their team. At Manitou, we challenge ourselves to not just contribute at the department level but to the success of our overall business.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises staff engaged in operational activities on designated shift; accountable for the performance of Supervisors and Team Leads and other assigned employees.
- Ensures execution of daily activities of department staff on designated shift; establishes or adjusts work procedures/schedules to support business targets.
- Works with area leaders on production issues and communicates with other departments as needed to resolve issues
- Leads periodic employee meetings as needed or assigned
- Responsible for the overall supervision of employees, in accordance with the organization’s policies and guiding principles
- Work well under pressure and to remain flexible to changing schedules and demands
- Must develop, maintain and foster courteous, respectful and effective working relationships
- May completes administrative tasks such as timekeeping, and maintain departmental records and reports
- Actively seeks and deploys improvements within the department(s) to maximize efficiency
- Achieves Safety, production Quality, schedule Attainment, and Cost key performance indicators
- Cultivates a safety culture, implements and consistently enforces workplace safety rules and policies
- Review status and availability of parts and materials and request adjustments if required
- Evaluates work performance, provides regular feedback, and administers performance management and one on ones (1:1’s) to assigned staff
- Clearly understand, administers and consistently communicate information to team regarding company policies and procedures
- Involved in interviewing, hiring and selecting candidates.
- Motivates direct reports and/or business partners through effective communication, training, coaching, development, and recognition
- Supervise employees including time and attendance, training/certification of employees, workforce management and coaching/counseling/employee development including appraising and rewarding performance; disciplining; suspending and discharging employee
- Resolve employee issues in a timely manner and support needs of team
- Demonstrate BRP Values and able to articulate our Mission and Vision
- Identifies opportunities for improvement using tools such as DMAIC problem-solving
- Implements BRPMS and lean principles
- Maintain high level of housekeeping using 5S standards with ownership and involvement of all team members
- Support and actively participate in implementation of company initiatives and projects
- Additional duties as requested by management
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Associates Degree or equivalent certification preferred; equivalent work experience considered
- 5+ years of working in a manufacturing environment with supervisory responsibilities
- Proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel) and Google Workspace with the ability to learn new applications
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in planning, organizing and executing
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities
- Attention to detail and strict adherence to procedures
- Strong leadership, mentoring, team building skills, and ability to influence others
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge and experience
Life at Manitou and BRP
At Manitou and BRP, we have a deep connection to our consumers, one created from a shared passion for the Ultimate Ride. Our teams have a unique ability to develop market-shaping products and services that move people physically and emotionally.
Distributed throughout 107 countries, our product line-up includes Manitou Pontoon, Alumacraft, Ski-Doo and Lynx snowmobiles, Sea-doo watercraft, Can-Am side-by-side and all-terrain vehicles, Spyder roadsters, Evinrude marine propulsion systems, and Rotax motors for karts, motorcycles, and small planes, as well as a full line-up of parts, accessories, and clothing.
Our more than 12,600 employees make up a big family of diverse cultures who all share a common value: innovation. Our people are passionate and qualified; by joining BRP Marine Group/Manitou, you will be part of an exciting journey and personally evolve at the heart of an experienced team.
Follow us on:
● LinkedIn @BRP;
● Twitter @BRPnews;
● Facebook @BRPinfo.
BRP US Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/ Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.