APPLY HERE https://www.indeed.com/job/industrial-engineer-2nd-shift-e0a429b99cd8a05d
Why Join the Manitou/BRP Team?
- To work in a fast paced, challenging environment with a team that is passionate about innovation.
- To be part of a culture where you are supported and encouraged to grow, take ownership and become an influential leader.
- The ability to work with world-class Marine products and significantly impact the user experience.
POSITION SUMMARY - This is position is 2nd shift: Sunday - Wednesday 7:00 pm - 5:30 am
This position’s primary focus is to find ways to implement manufacturing and engineering processes and procedures that enable our production team to deliver our exceptional products to our consumers safely, with superior quality and on-time using modes/methods that create both a great employee & consumer experience. Given this is an alternative shift position, this role will also engage the selected candidate in opportunities to support new production line-up projects, model year change-over activities and the engineering application of quality systems & controls. This is a great opportunity to:
- Design equipment to coordinate production planning to minimize production issues and costs while ensuring products meet quality standards.
- Design, develop and create opportunities for the team to maximize effectiveness, efficiency and space.
- Ensure our company complies with all industry standards for safety while meeting design standards and guidelines.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze and evaluate existing systems and processes, identifying value-added and non-value-added activities to solve manufacturing challenges.
- Conceive, design, test, and develop innovative solutions based on analysis and organizational objectives.
- Evaluate and explore new and existing processes, equipment, and materials as an input to scheduling methods, performance metrics and financial standards.
- Foster BRP’s reputation by delivering innovative solutions while upholding company, federal, and state regulations.
- Manage and conduct employee training for productivity improvement projects, and mentor team members.
- Utilize principles of mathematics, science, and engineering to streamline processes. Identify opportunities to prevent waste and inefficiency in production.
- Research and test design ideas to determine feasibility, utilizing Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, Six Sigma, and root cause analysis to formulate/support innovation, corrective actions, and continuous improvement activities.
- Create and maintain required manufacturing process documentation, including facility layout, process flow charts, capacity and utilization studies, time and motion studies, standard work, cycle time analysis and line balancing.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gain insight and direction.
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (IE or ME).
- In-depth understanding of lean manufacturing principles.
- Proficiency with analytical tools, workflow time study, and process balancing.
- Ability to interface with program management, manufacturing leads, customer, and functional leads; provide daily direction and guidance to junior associates and management.
- Advanced experience using MS suite, including Access, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Pro-E and AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of advanced product quality planning (APQP) and production part approval process (PPAP).
Life at Manitou and BRP
At Manitou and BRP, we have a deep connection to our consumers, one created from a shared passion for the Ultimate Ride. Our teams have a unique ability to develop market-shaping products and services that move people physically and emotionally.
Distributed throughout 107 countries, our product line-up includes Manitou Pontoon, Alumacraft, Ski-Doo and Lynx snowmobiles, Sea-doo watercraft, Can-Am side-by-side and all-terrain vehicles, Spyder roadsters, Evinrude marine propulsion systems, and Rotax motors for karts, motorcycles, and small planes, as well as a full line-up of parts, accessories, and clothing.
Our more than 12,600 employees make up a big family of diverse cultures who all share a common value: innovation. Our people are passionate and qualified; by joining BRP Marine Group/Manitou, you will be part of an exciting journey and personally evolve at the heart of an experienced team.
Follow us on:
● LinkedIn @BRP;
● Twitter @BRPnews;
● Facebook @BRPinfo.
BRP US Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/ Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.