APPLY HERE https://www.indeed.com/job/manufacturing-maintenance-technician-marine-2nd-shift-4fff741024a2e6c0
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support production in a mixed model assembly environment.
- Develop, implement, and improve assembly processes, equipment & tooling to meet cost, quality, and capacity requirements.
- Specify, procure, validate and implement tools & fixtures. Prepare requests for capital funds.
- Validate all preventative maintenance procedures are completed to reduce/eliminate production downtime.
- Provide plant expertise in tool selection and error proofing.
- Apply lean manufacturing principles to improve operations.
- Provide recommendations and information to drive continuous improvement activities and solutions to address manufacturing, product engineering, procurement, and supplier quality opportunities for improvement.
- Apply DMAIC methodology to identify the root cause and implement permanent solutions.
- Interface with manufacturing, after-sales support, and supply management to develop both short-term and strategic improvement plans.
- Work closely with team members, team leaders, and other cross-functional team members.
- Maintain standard work instructions.
- Implement engineering change notices.
- Achieve manufacturing engineering & maintenance milestones related to New Product Development programs, model year change-over, and continuous improvement activities related to daily operations
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- BSME, BSIE or equivalent years of related experience/demonstrated proficiency.
- Understanding of DMAIC methodology and desire to attain certification.
- Familiarity and applied experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical, preventive machine maintenance, and basic repair.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office.
- Project management experience is desirable.
- Willingness to travel (infrequently).
- Team player with excellent technical, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of lean manufacturing principles.
- Proficient in planning, organizing, and executing.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Attention to detail.
Life at Manitou and BRP
At Manitou and BRP, we have a deep connection to our consumers, one created from a shared passion for the Ultimate Ride. Our teams have a unique ability to develop market-shaping products and services that move people physically and emotionally.
Distributed throughout 107 countries, our product line-up includes Manitou Pontoon, Alumacraft, Ski-Doo and Lynx snowmobiles, Sea-doo watercraft, Can-Am side-by-side and all-terrain vehicles, Spyder roadsters, Evinrude marine propulsion systems, and Rotax motors for karts, motorcycles, and small planes, as well as a full line-up of parts, accessories, and clothing.
Our more than 12,600 employees make up a big family of diverse cultures who all share a common value: innovation. Our people are passionate and qualified; by joining BRP Marine Group/Manitou, you will be part of an exciting journey and personally evolve at the heart of an experienced team.
Follow us on:
● LinkedIn @BRP;
● Twitter @BRPnews;
● Facebook @BRPinfo.
BRP US Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/ Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.